Subject: Invitation to Participate in AURORAEs SARS-CoV-2 & RSV EQA – Register by 12.03.25
From: "ECDC respiratory viruses" <[email-masked]>
To: "Adam Meijer" <[email-masked]>, "Aleksander Masny" <[email-masked]>, "Amanda Bolt Botnen" <[email-masked]>, "Andreas Rohringer" <[email-masked]>,Andrej Jašica <[email-masked]>, "Anna Parys" <[email-masked]>,Björn Koel <[email-masked]>, "bruno.lina" <[email-masked]>, "charlene Bennett" <[email-masked]>, "christopher.barbara" <[email-masked]>, "Danielle PEREZ BERCOFF" <[email-masked]>,Dávid Kuti <[email-masked]>, "dpieridou" <[email-masked]>, "Dirk Eggink" <[email-masked]>, "e.angelakis" <e.ange
Cc: "NC_CCB_Austria" <[email-masked]>, "sigrid.kiermayr" <[email-masked]>, "koen.blot" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "Zhivka Getsova" <[email-masked]>, "Iva Christova" <[email-masked]>, "kcapak" <[email-masked]>, "bernard.kaic" <[email-masked]>, "Elisavet Constantinou" <[email-masked]>, "Czech Republic Generic Email Box -" <[email-masked]>,Hana Orlíková <[email-masked]>,Kamilla Grønborg Laut <[email-masked]>, "Stine Ulendorf Jacobsen" <[email-masked]>,Kärt Sõber <[email-masked]>, "Julia Geller" <julia.
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2025 14:28:09 +0200

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

To:       Operational Contact Points for Influenza (microbiology), 
Operational Contact Points for COVID-19 (Microbiology), National Focal 
Points for Viral Respiratory Diseases, Western Balkans and Türkiye Observer 
National Focal Points for Viral Respiratory diseases, Western Balkans and 
Türkiye Influenza and COVID-19 (Microbiology) Contact Points for Operations

CC:      National Coordinators, Western Balkans and Türkiye National 
Correspondents

Dear Operational Contact Points for Influenza and COVID-19 (Microbiology),

Dear National Focal Points for Viral Respiratory Diseases,

ECDC would like to inform you that the AURORAE consortium is organizing an 
External Quality Assessment (EQA) for SARS-CoV-2 and Respiratory Syncytial 
Virus (RSV). We are pleased to invite your laboratory to participate in this 
upcoming EQA.
This EQA aims to evaluate and support the quality of molecular diagnostics 
across laboratories in Europe.

Mandatory tasks for this EQA will be the molecular detection of SARS-CoV-2 
and RSV samples as well as RSV typing (A/B).
As a voluntary tasks we ask participants to perform variant/lineage 
determination (e.g. via sequencing).

Key Details:

*	Registration Deadline: 12 March 2025
*	EQA Panel Shipment: Week of 24 March 2025
*	Registration Link: 
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/Registration_AURORAE2025EQA__;!!JFdNOqOXpB6UZW0!orHoxnXa1ENdrTy2a9sz1eyCIyRModuLd0becdMKZlYZfIBwwd7gp8sAmEwv5bfVdRm8DCY-J-hs16DnDxAiLs6MnSC2EaRQ6g7U$> 
https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/Registration_AURORAE2025EQA
*	Deadline for results submission: 30 May 2025

By participating, your laboratory will gain valuable insights into its 
diagnostic performance and contribute to improving quality standards across 
Europe.

We encourage your participation and look forward to your registration. If 
you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the AURORAE 
organizers via  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked].

Best regards,

The ECDC Respiratory Viruses and Legionella group

& Kim Heimsch, on behalf of the AURORAE EQA Team at Charité, RIVM, and IP

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby kindly 
requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content to any 
third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous transmittal.

Classified as ECDC NORMAL